Claiming Asylum

If you want to stay in the UK as a refugee, then you need to apply for asylum. It is important that you apply immediately you enter the UK or the moment you believe it is unsafe to return to your country of residence. This will improve your chances of having your application accepted.

Once you apply, you will go through screening (seeing an immigration officer) and an interview with a caseworker.


Client Experience

Our clients give us a 5-star rating on

Overall rating is 9.8 out of 10.0 based on 300+ reviews from more than 351 clients

college group

At Optimus Law, our OISC-registered immigration advisers will offer legal advice and aid pertaining to your situation. With claiming asylum, it is crucial that you proceed as quickly as possible.

Our lawyers will get in touch with you immediately in person or via any medium opportune to you. We will offer your personalized service, because we know every case is unique. We will prepare for you a strong case and check your documents ensuring you have all the required paperwork.

We will also go through the application with you and liaise with the Home Office throughout the entire application. We will also provide you with legal representation if you need to appeal a refusal.


Am I eligible to apply for asylum?

If you left your country of residence and you cannot return due to fear of persecution, then you are eligible to apply for asylum. It is important that you apply immediately after entering the UK.

After meeting with an immigration officer and your caseworker, you will have to await the decision made on your case. This can take up to 6 months.

While awaiting for a decision on your application, you will be instruct as to what to do.

It is important that you acquire professional assistance for your claim.

Am I eligible for a Family Reunion visa?

The family reunion visa is designed so that refugees can unite with their families in the UK. If you have a parent or legal guardian or spouse in the UK who has been granted asylum, you may be able apply for a family union visa. You have to be a child under 18, or be the partner (including married partner, unmarried partner or civil partner).

Even if you are not the immediate family member, you may be considered for compassionate reasons.

Am I eligible to claim Human Rights asylum?

If you are not a refugee, you can still claim asylum in the UK temporarily. You must be at a serious risk of exposure to inhumane/degrading treatment, torture or punishment. If your visa application is approved, you can live in the UK for 5 years, after which you can apply for a settled status.

What is the Gateway Protection Programme?

This is a programme operated by the Home Office in partnership with UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) with the purpose of resettling vulnerable refugees. Seven thousand and fifty refugees are able to settle in the UK under this programme. Applications are made to UNHCR. If your application under this programme is successful, you are granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK (Permanent residence).

How Can Optimus Law Help?

At Optimus Law, our OISC-registered immigration advisers are ready to help you in case you need to seek asylum in the UK. We will take you through the process, and help you fill out the applications. We will also provide you with legal representation through the case. We will provide you with advice on what to do in case your application is rejected. In the case of a refusal, we can provide representation for reviews and appeals.

Our services include

  • Preparing for you a solid case with the needed documentary evidence;
  • Checking your documents;
  • Ensuring you comprehend the entire application process, an experienced lawyer will assist you to fill out your visa application, by taking you through the entire application form;
  • Creating for you a strong cover letter to accompany your application;
  • Liaising and communicating with the Home Office to ensure your application is on course until a decision is made;
  • Ensuring you understand the implication of the decision, as well as advising you on your next course of action.

Contact us, if you are in need of legal assistance. Our team of experienced immigration advisers will ensure you get the best results.

Contact Us For A Free Assessment

It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.

  • We will never share your information with any third party

Visa Wizard

Speak to an expert for your free no
obligation visa assessment.

Get Quick Free Assessment