Learn more about Our Immigration Lawyers
For 25 years, Optimus Law has helped thousands of clients across the globe navigate the often complicated and troublesome process of immigration. With every case, our team of experienced immigration lawyers takes a personal approach to help understand your specific circumstance and future plans. As an Level 3 OISC accredited firm, we pride ourselves on being dedicated to providing industry leading service by utilizing our highly trained team of immigration lawyers with experience in nearly every aspect of the immigration process. Our legal team previously worked with immigration solicitors and immigration barristers across the UK on landmark cases that required expert knowledge, attention to detail and excellent case management – regardless of your immigration matter we can help you.
While other firms may package and sell bulk services, our services are designed to be tailored around you, in an honest and transparent manner. We believe in treating our clients with respect and fairness and believe there is no other way of conducting business. These are our values.
Whether you are seeking to submit an application, would like some advice on the process, or are looking for a team to handle the process completely, Optimus Law can offer services specifically for you.
All of our staff have an excellent understanding of the cultural diversity in and around their communities.
Robina Shah has successfully led immigration departments in three prominent law firms before setting up Optimus Law with a team of carefully selected immigration lawyers who in their own rights have unmatched skills and expertise.
Specialising in all areas of immigration, Ms Shah personal preference is Tier 1 and Tier 2 cases as she loves working closely with individuals with a business vision. Sponsorship licences and PBS work can be extremely complex and Robina Shah enjoys stepping up to the challenge. If you require a expert immigration lawyer that possesses a wealth of experience in handling complex work
High-profile and notable cases involving Robina include:
- R (MM Lebanon) v SSHD  – case regarding minimum income rules and whether their implementation was lawful. This was a case that Robina worked on, up until the High Court determination with Birmingham Law Practice.
- R (Ali and Bibi) v SSHD  – concerned pre-entry language tests for immigration applications from abroad (entry clearance). Robina began the case at the Immigration Advisory Service, upon the Immigration Advisory Service going into administration the case was transferred to JM Wilson Solicitors – Birmingham. She was instrumental in the case as she filed an application successfully and the set the trial date. Robina managed the project at IAS and then assisted JM Wilson to prepare the hearing bundles, as this was a case she was responsible for and had knowledge of.
Membership & Accreditations
- Legal Aid Agency Accreditation to Level 2 Senior Caseworker held continuously since 2004 until present
- Registered/Exempt at the highest level (OISC level 3) since 2002
- Legal Aid Agency Accredited Supervisor since 2005
Anita Patel is a senior caseworker in Immigration Law, undertaking work in Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law. Anita has a decade of experience in her specialist fields and during this period, she has represented in a broad range of matters. She Anita enjoys problem solving and the desire to achieve a positive solution where one can be delivered.
She enjoys working closely with families and on the most complex of cases. She has undertaken over the years many different cases including Entry Clearance applications and Appeals, Complex Nationality Matters and applications for Further leave to Remain in the UK.
Anita worked for the charity Immigration Advisory Service, where she worked on cases that involved applications for further and Indefinite leave to Remain, as well as appeals to the Immigration Tribunal. She also worked for the Citizen’s Advice Bureau in Stoke, diligently working on Human Rights and Asylum applications.
High-profile and Notable cases involving Anita include:
- Mandalia v SSHD  – On the point of evidential flexibility for Points Based System applications. Anita worked on this Supreme Court case during her time at Fountains Solicitors.
Membership & Accreditations
- Legal Aid Agency Accreditation to Level 2 Senior Caseworker held continuously since 2008 until present
- Registered/Exempt at the highest level (OISC level 3) since 2007
We know the hassle of finding necessary documents, determining how to answer application questions, and even just learning about next steps. We also know from our decades of experience how many poor applications are submitted, leaving the client in a difficult situation. Thankfully, our team is here to ensure your applications and requests are done in a way to maximize the potential for success. We promise to work with you every step of the way to support your future plans and vision.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your application, or begin the conversation, please connect with one of our qualified team members. We look forward to helping you achieve your dream in a way that’s uniquely your own, and can guarantee that Optimus Law will be behind you every step of the way.