Overseas Sole Representative Visa
Are you a company wanting to enter into the UK market? Are you interested in having a UK presence? Why not apply for an overseas or Sole representative visa and have a senior official from your organisation enter the UK as a sole representative of your business.
You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you are:
- the nominated sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company.
- an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UKThis route is often favoured by those who are interested in conducting business in the UK but would rather keep their main operations outside of the UK.
Sole Representative Visa – How to begin the process
If you are unsure whether you qualify for the Overseas Sole Representative Visa or would like to begin the process then complete the enquiry form or call our specialists on 0330 3800 599 for a free assessment. Our Client Liaison Team are approachable, friendly and will be able to make your options clear and understandable.
Sole Representative Visa-What you need to know
If you are coming to the UK as a single representative you must:
- Be reccruited and employed outside the UK bt a company whose
headquarters and principle place of business are outside the UK
- Have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- Hold a senior position within the company(but not be a major shareholder) and have full
authority to make decisions on its behalf
- Intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, e.g a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
you may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that doesn’t employ staff or transact business.
What is the duration of the Overseas Sole Representative visa?
The overseas representative visa lasts for three years and can be extended after this. The extension continues for a further two years. After the holder has been in the U.K for a total period of five years, they can then apply for permission to settle permanently in the United Kingdom.
What are the requirements to extend the Overseas Sole Representative visa?
In order to make a successful visa extension after 3 years, the applicant must continue to be employed as a senior employee by the company he or she is representing in the UK. The company must show the applicant is still required to be in the UK as part of their expansion plan. The applicant will need to show evidence of financial transactions for the subsidiary in the UK.
Can the Overseas Sole Representative Visa lead to a British Passport?
Applicants who have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK as a overseas sole representative will need to show they have remained employed for the whole 5 years. Documents such as P60 and payslips will be sufficient for this. Once the applicant has obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain for 1 year it is possible to apply for naturalisation. The requirements for the applicant to be able to apply for naturalisation is:
- Not breached any immigration laws and is of good character.
- Not spent more than 450 days outside of the UK
- Has passed the English Language Test and Life in the UK Test-
Some of our clients who have already obtained a Sole Representative Visa in the following areas
- Medical & Blockchain
- Charitable Organisations
- Financial Services
- Logistics Companies
- Investment Services
Why instruct Optimus Law
At Optimus Law, we offer the highest quality service so you can be confident that we will handle your application with the utmost care and attention and will obtain the successful outcome you desire.
Our business immigration team has extensive experience assisting with the Overseas Sole Representative Visa to help businesses expand into the UK, our lawyers are experts in the immigration rules and will guide you based on your circumstances. The benefit of using us is that we go beyond just filling out an application. We are exceedingly determined team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration guidance.
We carry out a comprehensive service which will include completing your application, booking your biometric appointment, checking your documents and submitting the reports to the Home Office on your behalf. In addition to this, we will be drafting legal representations to the Home Office arguing how your application meets the Immigration Rules. We will be your first point of contact with the Home Office.
As the company will need to show how they intend to operate their business whilst setting up the new subsidiary in the UK, it may be helpful to include a detailed business plan. We can assist you with creating and reviewing a business plan that will highlight the businesses key strengths and weaknesses. We will also help you with the Company Registration, Bank Account and any dependent visas as part of the Sole Representative Visa service.
We always seek to build and maintain a professional relationship with our clients, handling all their long-term immigration matters.
Once your presence in the UK has been established and your representative has obtained the Sole Representative Visa, we can advise you on how to recruit employees from overseas. It may be advisable applying for a Sponsor License if you wish to recruit workers from outside the EEA.
We shall ensure we project manage the application from start to finish to secure the visa for you:
- Direct access to an immigration lawyer
- Advice on eligibility & evidence in support
- A detailed consultation for any proposed application
- A dedicated caseworker to advise and assist with your application
- Assistance completing your application & collating documentation
- Application form & document check
- Legal advice & steps taken confirmed in writing
- Full discretion & client confidentiality
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.