If you are a company or business who wishes to sponsor foreign workers then you need to apply for a Sponsor licence. If the potential foreign worker is from within the EEA or Switzerland, you will not need a Sponsor licence. The licence also includes volunteer and unpaid work.
To apply, your business needs to be eligible. Check if your business is eligible in the FAQs. Secondly, you must know the type of licence you need (Tier 2 for long-term skilled workers, and Tier 5 for short-term skilled workers). After that, you need to determine who manages the sponsorship and apply online.
After the Home Office issues your business the licence, your business will be added to the Home Office’s register of sponsors. You will also be able to issue certificates of sponsorship to foreign employees.
Because of the complex and confusing nature of the application process for the Sponsor licence, it is important to acquire expert help. The immigration legal team at Optimus are ready to assist and prepare your Sponsor licence applications. With a high refusal rate of visa application, having expert legal counsel can be the difference between an approved application and a rejected one.
We will make sure you submit all the needed documents. We will ensure you select the right Sponsor licence type. We will prepare and organise the application. We will also assist your business to implement the Sponsor Management System. Additionally, we will help you carry out the resident labour market test. This test is necessary if the job your business is offering is not on the shortage occupation list. Our legal team will confirm that you carried out every step of the recruitment process. Lastly, we will provide you with the appropriate legal advice depending on your circumstances.
Contact us for expert help on the Sponsorship Licence application process.
Is my business eligible for a Sponsorship Licence?
To acquire a Sponsor licence, you cannot have a history of failing to do your duties as a sponsor. If you are a first-time applicant, you must have no unspent criminal convictions for criminal activities such as money laundering or fraud. Lastly, you need to ensure that you monitor all sponsored workers using the Sponsorship Management System (SMS).
You should expect visits from the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration).
What sponsorship duties do I have to carry out?
As a Sponsor licence holder, your company needs to carry out its responsibilities.
You need to ensure that:
- Your foreign employees have the necessary accreditations, qualifications, and skills to function in the positions given to them. You must keep a record of all the documents.
- Only qualified employees are assigned certificates of sponsorship;
- You inform the Home Office of sponsored employees’ activities that do not comply with the terms of their visa.
- You need to monitor the employees using the Sponsorship Management System (SMS).
Which visa Tier can my business employ foreign nationals under?
Depending on the type of licence acquired, you can employ under the Tier 2 for long-term skilled workers or the Tier 5 for short-term skilled workers, or both.
As an educational provider, what Sponsorship Licence is needed?
For education providers, you need a Tier 4 Sponsor licence. You need to sponsor only students on a long course of study. Students on short courses do not need sponsorship.
How Can Optimus Law Help?
The application process for a Sponsor licence application can be complex and confusing. This makes it important to acquire professional help. The immigration legal team at Optimus are ready to assist and prepare your applications for Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas.
With a high refusal rate of visa application, having experienced legal counsel can be the difference between an approved application and a rejected one.
- Make sure you submit all the needed documents;
- Make sure you select the right Sponsor licence type;
- Prepare and organise the application;
- Assist your business to implement the Sponsor Management System;
- Help you carry out the resident labour market test. This is necessary if the job your business is offering is not on the shortage occupation list;
- Make sure every recruitment process is carried out;
- Provide you with appropriate legal advice depending on your circumstances.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.