UK Spouse Visa
As Immigration Specialists, our expert spouse visa lawyers will advise prepare and manage the entire applications of spouse visa applications. For those who wish to join their partners in the UK, or who seek to extend their stay in the United Kingdom.
The Spouse visa is the application for non-EEA citizens, who are married partners of British nationals and wish to join their spouses in the UK.
The Spouse visa leads to Indefinite Leave to Remain and a British passport.
The UK allows for foreign national spouses to reside and live in the UK with partners who have indefinite leave to remain or are British Nationals.
You can apply for a Spouse Visa which in summary is a visa which allows an individual to join their married partner and extend their visa if they meet the necessary requirements which are set out below.
We run a specialised service with spouse teams who will deal with your case in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Direct access to an immigration lawyer
- Advice on eligibility & evidence in support
- A detailed consultation for any proposed application
- A dedicated caseworker to advise and assist with your application
- Assistance completing your application & collating documentation
- Application form & document check
- Legal advice & steps taken confirmed in writing
- Full discretion & client confidentiality
- Expert legal advice at a price you can afford
We advise that you will need to meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply for a spouse settlement visa:
1. “The applicant will need to evidence they meet the financial requirement:
2. The applicant will need to evidence that they are in a genuine and subsisting relationship: This is subjective element. We will need to provide sufficient evidence and substantiate in our legal representations how you both satisfy this requirement.
3. The applicant will need to evidence that they have adequate accommodation:
4. The applicant needs to have the required level of English language.
Vast documentation is required to evidence these criteria; applications made with insufficient or incorrect documents will be refused.
The requirements are constantly changing so it is important that you meet the requirements at the time that you make the application which our expert lawyers will of course ensure.
At Optimus Law we offer the highest quality service so you can be confident that we will specify and handle all the documentation required in assisting you in making a successful application.
The benefit of using us is that we go beyond just filling out an application. We carry out a comprehensive service, for example by maintaining a relationship. We notify you and plan ahead of time your extension and settlement applications. We always seek to build and maintain a professional relationship with our clients, handling all their long-term immigration matters.
We shall ensure we project manage the application from start to finish in order to secure the visa for you.
Get Visa Advice
- An appointment at our offices to discuss your case, the procedure and create a joint strategy moving forwards,
- Client care letter within 24 hours,
- Checklist of specific documentation required,
- Completion of all application forms,
- Extended document of legal representation,
- Correspondence throughout,
- Project management of the entire case.
The above is a comprehensive service, through our specialist and thorough management we remove the burden and stress out of your application.
We recognise that this is only the start of your residence in the UK. Therefore, we always plan ahead your future applications, whether it is extension, settlement or attaining British citizenship.
Your spouse visa will be granted for 2 ½ years and you will then need to renew this visa for a further 2 ½ years.
On the expiry of your spouse visa uk we will plan ahead, informing you of the time frames and what arrangements need to be made for the extension of your visa.
You can apply for an extension in country and you can attend a Public Enquiry Office to attend a same day appointment where you will receive a decision on the day.
You will be required to evidence that you still meet the requirements as stated above. We advise that you do not spend more than 180 days outside the UK per year if you are aiming to secure your indefinite leave to remain.
Optimus Law will both arrange and have a representative accompany you on the same day appointment to ensure everything runs smoothly.
After a 5-year period you can apply for settlement (ILR) in the UK. Alternatively, you may be eligible to apply under the less stringent 10-year route which overlooks the financial and English language requirement, although you will need to show insurmountable obstacles to family life with your spouse or partner continuing overseas.
On the expiry of your extension you will be eligible to apply for ILR. The requirements for this are as follows:
- You will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years on the Spouse visa.
- You must still be in a subsisting relationship with the British citizen or settled person.
In order to qualify for indefinite leave to remain, all applicants aged 18-64 must meet the two parts of the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement by passing both the:
- Life in the UK test
- English Language Test (unless you are a National of an English-speaking country or if you were taught or researched a degree in English)
Optimus Law will prepare the entirety of your application to meet these criteria.
Once we have obtained your Indefinite Leave to Remain, as you are still married to a British National we can then apply for your British Citizenship.
For this application, you will be required to evidence that you have not been absent from the UK for more than 90 days the year preceding this application.
Upon receiving your naturalization certificate, you will then be eligible to apply for a British passport.
What Our Clients say
Get Visa Advice