UK Visit Visa
To be eligible for a visit visa you must show to the Home Office that:
- You will leave the UK at the end of your visit
- You will not permanently reside or make the UK your main home.
- Your reason to seek entry is for a genuine purpose permitted by the Immigration Rules.
- You will not work or undertake any prohibited activities unless permitted to do so.
- You have funds to cover all reasonable costs for your visit.
With our vast knowledge and experience in processing Visitor Visas we can ensure all requirements are met.
I have my Visitor Visa, can I leave for the UK anytime?
Once you receive your visa, you must leave the country by the time stated in your initial application, failure to do so can affect any future applications.
Can I extend my Visit Visa whilst in the UK?
A guest to the UK who has obtained a visit visa for less than 6 months may be able to apply for an extension of stay to bring their total stay up to 6 months. If you wish to stay longer for a period longer than 6 months then one of the following grounds must be met:
- There are compassionate grounds e.g. family emergency such as a close family member has fallen ill or a death in the family
- You are unable to book a flight out of the UK due to unforeseen circumstances and you can produce evidence that you intended to book a flight and the application was made within the original period of leave.
- Your category of visit permits you to stay for a period longer than 12 months.
Am I eligible for a General Visitor Visa?
To be eligible for a General Visit Visa you must show
You can show proof for the reason for your visit to the UK. You must show that you are coming to the UK for a holiday, to visit friends and family or you are coming to do business or for special medical treatment.
- Show you have sufficient funds to support yourself for travel, accommodation and living costs.
- Show you will return to your home country after 6 months.
Am I eligible for a Business Visit Visa?
To be eligible for a Business Visit Visa you must show you are coming to the UK:
- as an academic visitor,
- religious worker,
- or for a particular business event.
It is also important that you show you are based abroad and are paid from your country
Am I eligible for a Prospective Entrepreneur Visa?
If you are interested in coming to the UK as Tier 1 Entrepreneur but would like to visit before doing so, you can apply to come to the UK for a period of up to 6 months as a Prospective Entrepreneur
Am I eligible for a Sportsperson Visitors Visa?
If you wish to come into the UK for a period of time to take part in a sporting event you must apply for a Sportsperson Visitors Visa. To learn more about how our experienced immigration lawyers can help visit Sportsperson Visitors Visa or get in touch.
Am I eligible for a Student Visitor Visa?
Also known as a Short-term Study Visa you may be eligible for this if you are looking to temporarily study in the UK. If you wish to study for longer than 6 months you will need to apply for a Tier 4 Student Visa.
How Can Optimus Law Help?
Our mission is simple; we strive to provide honest, transparent, and personal advice to our clients. We know that immigration can be a time consuming, complex, and sensitive matter. But, when you join the Optimus Law network of clients, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing our team will be behind you every step of the way.
Contact Us For A Free Assessment
It doesnt cost anything to ask. Let us know by filling out the form below.